Thursday, June 24, 2010

Garden Whimsy

Another of my favorite stamp sets will be retiring soon - Garden Whimsy. I have loved this set from the first time I saw it! My card class made this card with it last year. We used Gable Green cardstock which is one of my all-time faves as well. So sorry to say good-bye to this pair. I just love this little swirled verse that reminds us to be happy no matter where we are because at least we are able to be there :) :







The ribbon covers the words but it says "the time to be happy is now. the place to be happy is here." I just love it. It really seems to fit my life right now with everything changing so much. That is true about so many of the stamp sets I own. I tend to choose the ones that fit my life :) Funny how that turns out. Anyway, the ribbon was created using the White Organza Ribbon and we just colored the woven edge with the Melon Mambo Marker. This is a great way to adapt your ribbon to your project.

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Garden Whimsy

Cardstock:
Melon Mambo, Gable Green, Pretty In Pink, Whisper White

Ink:
Melon Mambo, Gable Green

Accessories:
Eyelet Border Punch, White Organza Ribbon, Ticket Corner Punch, Melon Mambo Marker

I love this card because, again, it is simple and quick. So easy to put together and yet super cute to brighten someone's day. I am leaving "packing mode" for a few hours today to have lunch with a very good friend and to do at least one more of the webinars for My Digital Studio. This program is so cool and I can't wait to learn even more about it. 'Til next time.....

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...