Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I Scream, You Scream.....

We all scream for Ice Cream!!!!!

It has been sooooo hot and muggy here in mid-Michigan lately!!! But, the local ice cream parlors have been opening up and bringing with them the best part of summer - ICE CREAM CONES!!!!! LOL - I anticipate this every year :) You see, these places close up in the fall because they don't think people like ice cream when it is cold outside. Haven't they heard of "snuggies" ???? I just wrap up in a blanket and eat it anyway - I need my dairy products! Geeeezzz !!

Well, onto the post :) There is just the cutest little stamp set in the Summer Mini Catalog called Sweet Scoops. I wasn't going to buy it until I started seeing all of the cute projects done with it. That happens to me so often :) I knew I just had to have it to play with. I wanted to showcase the ice cream cone as the focal point of my card so this is what I came up with:






I know what you are thinking...... "not another shadowbox card!!!" Well, it just seemed like the way to go with this. And, I needed to showcase the retiring colors as well :) I stamped each of the scoops on Whisper White (great way to use up those scraps) and then cut them out so I could have a triple dip!! I love these colors - it looks like rainbow sherbet, don't you think? Tooo Cool! I used the Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper for the background and the Scallop Border Punch for my edging. To make the opening in the frame, I used the 1 3/4-inch Circle Punch. This card was actually much faster and easier than the others because there are fewer embellishments. But, it is fun and it showcases one of the best things in life - ice cream :)

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Sweet Scoops

Cardstock:
Pixie Pink, Whisper White, Kaleidoscope DSP, Gable Green

Ink:
Creamy Caramel, Gable Green, Apricot Appeal, Pixie Pink

Accessories:
1 3/4-inch Circle Punch, Scallop Border Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sticky Strip

I guess this ice cream is for a retirement party because all of the paper and inks are retiring on June 30. So, if you love the card and want to make one just like it, contact me today or visit my website to place your order - they are going fast!!! Well, now I have to go find some ice cream for real because I have fallen victim to self-influence :) 'Til next time.....

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Laurie, as soon as I finish typing this I'm getting my bowl of ice cream!! You are such an enabliar. Loved this and your presentation last night. Your shadow box card was one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. I bet you will get lots of people asking if you will make it for them. You are a great presenter, I enjoyed your style very much.

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...