Thursday, June 17, 2010

Asian Artistry

I had just one more card to design for card class tonight so I went through the samples already completed to see what would best finish off the set. We didn't have a card offering Get Well Wishes yet so I looked through the stacks of stamp sets to find one we hadn't used in awhile. Not only did I find one, but it is actually one we have never used. Asian Artistry is a level 2 hostess set and is very simple yet elegant - a style we all love! I also wanted to showcase some of the new In Colors so this is what I came up with:





We all just LOVE the Big Shot, so naturally the card needed to involve that as well :) I cut three Top Notes and used them to create kind of a 3-dimensional feel to the matting of the main image. The DSP is the new Greeenhouse Gala Designer Series Paper - so beautiful!! I had to color the stamps with the In Color Markers because we were unable to preorder the ink pads. But, I don't see that as an obstacle - it becomes an opportunity to change things up a bit.

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Asian Artistry, Sincere Salutations

Cardstock: Naturals White, Pear Pizzazz, Concord Crush, Greenhouse Gala DSP

Accessories: Big Shot with Top Note die, Pear Pizzazz and Concord Crush Markers, Certainly Celery Satin Ribbon

This card is super simple and quick. I love these colors together because they are very rich-looking with a shadow of subtlety. Very neat combination that I think would brighten anyone's day if they were feeling a little "under the weather."

Tonight is my last card class here in Michigan. I will be leaving for San Diego in a few weeks. It will be a tough night for me as I have become to cherish the third Thursday of the month and the ladies I share it with. We have become great friends and I love sharing my ideas with them. I will miss all of them so much!! I will be spending my time figuring out ways to hold a long-distance card class with them :) They keep me motivated and I will miss that. Hopefully, I will be able to start a class up when I get settled in my new home (wherever that might be :) ). I have mixed emotions about leaving Michigan. It will be hard moving away with my son staying here, but life happens. I will not miss icy roads, thunderstorms, tornadoes or hot and humid days in the summer. I will miss the colors of fall, the hundreds of shades of green in the spring, and the friends and family I will leave here. But, I look forward to no mosquitoes and the ocean. I love the salty smell in the air at the beach and nothing beats watching the sun set over the bay. So, thank goodness for e-mail so I can keep in touch more often and share photos. Well, I have to go get some chocolate for tonight - we're definitely gonna need some :) 'Til next time.....

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...