Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Humor In High Heels

Sometimes in life we just need to make a statement. We need to feel like what we have to say really matters to someone. Many women make their statement with the shoes they wear - and they have a pair for every outfit :) Personally, I get by with one pair in each genre - tennis shoes, flip flops, sneakers, and dress shoes. I would rather spend my money on stamps!! But, back to the shoes and the statements - a while back, I demonstrated the "Faux Leather" technique at one of Ronda Wade's technique events. I needed to make some samples showcasing the technique. Well, one of my favorite (and retiring :( ) stamp sets is Humor In High Heels. I heard that - there is no humor in wearing high heels!! They hurt your feet and you can't wait to kick them off at the end of the day - I know, I know!! But, I must admit that your shoes can convey your mood. Take this for example:





Tell me that a woman who wears bright red boots isn't making a statement ! :) I love this verse. Even I have been known to change my attitude simply by changing my footwear. I remember how important it was, when I was growing up, to have a pair of white go-go boots just like Nancy Sinatra wore when she sang about using them to "walk all over you." You were just not anybody unless you had a pair. I begged and begged for them. I don't remember having a pair of white ones but I can remember my father reluctantly letting me wear knee-high brown suede ones with those white "hot pants" he was not too fond of either :) But, hey, I made my statement!!

Oh well, back to the technique. Faux Leather is really quite simple to do. You stamp your project with Versamark Ink using the direct-to-paper method and cover with clear embossing powder. Then use the tip of your bone folder to make squiggly lines through the powder to make it look line leather (or alligator skin). Then shake off any excess and heat with your heat tool. It comes out looking like this:





It is soooo cool!!! And it really looks like leather. I did just the top portion on the boot to make it more like a real boot because the bottom sections on them are always smooth. I added some Silver Elastic Cord just for extra style :) The strap is a piece of Real Red 1/4-inch Grosgrain Ribbon folded over and attached with a Rhinestone brad. Ladies love their "bling" !!

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Humor in High Heels

Cardstock:
Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White

Ink:
Real Red, Versamark

Accessories:
Clear Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Bone Folder, Silver Elastic Cord, Clear Rhinestone Brads, Stampin' Dimensionals

Well, back to packing. I encourage you all to get out there today and make your statement!! It will brighten your day :) 'Til next time.....

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remeber to get your mammogram!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...