Friday, June 4, 2010

Because I Care

If this does not make you want a Big Shot, I don't know what will :) Another item on the preorder is the new Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Folder. I fell in LOVE with this!!! I had my card all planned out until this happened:





GORGEOUS!!!!!! My original thought was to layer an image over this but once I ran it through the Big Shot and saw the impression I knew there was no way I could cover this up. This is amazing!!!! And it is the exact image as the Vintage Decor Elements Stencil in the Summer Mini Catalog - how awesome is that??!!! I love things that coordinate. That is something Stampin' Up truly specializes in. And I know you want one of these now! And you don't have to wait until July if you take advantage of the awesome discounted Starter Kit this month. Contact me for details or go to my website to sign up today with the password - "you rock". Trust me, you will not regret it :) So, anyway, back to the card. Once I saw how gorgeous this came out, I really toned it down:




This just screams "simple embellishment." So, I stuck with the stamp set I originally chose which is a new Level 1 hostess set for next year. You could earn this so easy!! I stamped the qoute in Marina Mist on Whisper White cardstock and punched it out with the Large Oval Punch. Then I punched the Scallop Oval in Marina Mist and layered it onto a piece of Daffodil Delight punched with the Wide Oval Punch. Don't you love these colors?? They are brand new this year!!

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Because I Care

Cardstock:
Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist, Whisper White

Ink:
Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist

Accessories:
Big Shot with Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Folder, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Wide Oval Punch, Daffodil Delight 1/8-inch Taffeta Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

This folder will definitely be my "go to" tool for simple, quick, and yet very elegant cards from this point on!! I just can't get enough already!! LOL! And I just love the floral image in this stamp set. It was supposed to go on the front of the card but I put it on the inside instead:




I love cards that go together quickly because sometimes you just don't get much notice before you need one. This will, no doubt, be made several times over. In fact, it is so quick and simple that I may utilize my spare time (if I ever get any) to make a stash of them. Take time to smell the flowers today and let someone know that you care about them. 'Til next time......

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...