Friday, June 25, 2010

Bar-b-Cutie!!!

I love summer bar-b-ques!!! I am really looking forward to the one we are having here at the house in a couple of weeks. It will be my last chance to spend the day with my extended family. I have notified the relatives and we should have a house full :) Fun times!!! And most times, I can find some real "kodak" moments for future projects as well. I just finished all of the steps to become certified in My Digital Studio. It is amazing how much you can do with that program!!! So much more than just scrapbooking - you can create cards, calendars, interactive photo albums... soooooo cool!! I can't wait to really dig into it and share some fun stuff with you. But, that will have to wait until I get moved. The next couple of weeks are sure to be a whirlwind!!! I will enjoy the break when we have the bar-b-que. In keeping with that theme, I wanted to show you this punch card my class made last summer:





Isn't she just the cutest??? Oh my gosh, I love her - too bad I can't take credit for the creativity. I got the idea from a card that Tamie Ackerson had created that she had found somewhere on the web. So, I don't know who the original creator is, but I sure appreciate the fact that she shared her :) The only thing stamped on this card is the BBQ label. Everything else was created using Stampin' Up punches. I love making these cards. They are so fun. It is amazing what you can come up with once you get punching :) If you would like to recreate this card - you need to hurry. The stamp set will be retiring on June 30th along with this particular red cardstock. It is one of the few remaining colors still available and that could change in a heartbeat.

The full list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Only Ovals

Cardstock: Ruby Red, Basic Black, Blush Blossom, DSP (retired)

Ink: Ruby Red

Accessories: Punches - Scallop Circle, Scallop Square, 1 3/4-inch Circle, Small Oval, Wide Oval, Stampin' Dimensionals, Red Gingham Ribbon (retiring), Basic Black Marker, Mini Glue Dots

She is just so precious and I am sure she would be welcome at anyone's bar-b-que :) This would make a great invitation to send out to all of your friends. I would probably have done that if I wasn't so pressed for time :) But, since I can use the grill pretty much year-round where I am going, I'm sure I will have opportunities to do that in the future. So, fire up your grill and have fun this summer! 'Til next time.......

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...