Friday, June 18, 2010

Daisies #2

For the next few weeks I will be sharing some cards I have made in the past - both with my monthly card class and some I created before the group got started. I have begun to pack things away for the move on July 11th, so for the time being I have to put off any new creations :( Oh well, I have much to look forward to and many fond memories to take with me.

One of the things my group always enjoyed was using the Big Shot. We tried to incorporate it into our projects each month. This is one of the cards we made using that:




I just adore the Daisies #2 die. I used 2 pieces of each layer to create this flower. I attached it to the card using the Build-a-Brad. Those are so fun because you can create any center you want for your flower. It just depends on the cardstock you use. This card also uses a couple of my favorite retiring colors - Mellow Moss and Barely Banana. When paired with Basic Black they just pop!! I stamped this verse from Herb Expressions in Whisper White Craft Ink.

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Herb Expressions

Cardstock:
Barely Banana, Basic Black, Mellow Moss, Whisper White

Ink:
Whisper White Craft

Accessories:
Big Shot with Daisies #2 die, Build-a-Brad set, Paper Piercing Tool, Black Gingham Ribbon

This card is very simple which is a style I love. And yet, it is one I could receive myself and never tire of. It serves as a daily reminder to stop and smell the flowers :) Well, off to do more packing. 'Til next time......

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...