Friday, April 30, 2010

Island Oasis

I am working on the absolute coooolest project I have ever made and it isn't quite ready yet :( But, I feel like I have neglected those of who that are kind enough to visit my blog so I felt I have to give you something :)

As mentioned before, I attended a Spring Fling event this past Saturday and we made some really fun projects using the new Island Oasis Designer Series Paper (which you can purchase here starting tomorrow!) I love this paper because it takes me away to a sandy beach with a tropical climate........ Oh, back to reality.

Anyway, here is one of the projects we made:







This little box is made using the Big Shot with the Scallop Square die. We cut 2 of them out of chipboard and then cut 2 from Rose Red DSP. We glued the paper squared to the chipboard and then mounted them onto the sides of a box made from Whisper White Cardstock. Then we attached flower made from the Island Floral die over Old Olive Satin Ribbon which was tied all around the box. Then we made 4 adorable little note cards to go inside:







We stamped the sentiments with the In A Word stamp set, punched them out with the Modern Label Punch and attached them with dimensionals. So cute and simple - just what we need to have on hand for those "just in case" moments.


We had so much fun using supplies from the new Summer Mini Catalog - I just love it all :) If you are my customer and you do not receive your copy in the mail by May 3, let me know and I will order a replacement for you. Well, I need to get back to that very cool project I am working on. I should have it posted tomorrow afternoon so be sure to check back. 'Til next time......

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...