Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Gone Vintage

I just LOVE the new (or should I say old) vintage style in stamping. It gives the most amazing effect to a greeting card. I was so inspired when I saw the samples made by Sandi Dailey at the Spring Fling last Saturday that I decided I just had to give it a try.

The best stamp set for this technique is the Elements of Style which you will be able to purchase in just a few days - you will definitely want to get this one - TRUST ME !! :) Well, anyway, here is the card I came up with:






I really made this difficult for myself because I used my new colors that were in my Stampin' Success magazine. The base of the card is Early Espresso and I layered it with Marina Mist, Sahara Sand and Very Vanilla. This will definitely become a favorite combination for quite some time ( I am so happy they will all be core colors). The problem is that now I have to wait until June to buy them :(

To get the vintage effect, I stamped the Very Vanilla piece with Chocolate Chip and then ran it through the Big Shot using the Square Lattice embossing folder which is also in the Summer Mini catalog. Then I sponged Chocolate Chip over the texture and sponged Bashful Blue over the center where the flowers are. I thwacked (don't you love that word?) around the edges of all layers with Chocolate Chip. I stamped the hummingbird with chocolate chip onto a scrap of the Marina Mist, cut it out, and mounted it with Stampin' Dimensionals. Soooo cooool!! I am anxious to play around some more with this technique.

On the inside, I wanted to carry the theme through so I put a layer of Very Vanilla. I stamped the image off first so it would be lighter and then sponged the edge with Chocolate Chip and then rubbed a sponge with Bashful Blue around the outer edge to look like this:






The complete list of supplies is:

Stamp Set: Elements of Style

Cardstock: Early Espresso, Marina Mist, Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla

Ink: Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip

Accessories: Big Shot with Square Lattice embossing folder, Eyelet Border Punch, Bashful Blue Taffeta Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

This card is perfect for any occasion - mainly because I just couldn't bring myself to cover any more of it up by adding a sentiment. We all need to have cards on hand for those times when we need one at a moment's notice. I plan to build a stock pile now that I am hooked on vintage :) 'Til next time.......

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love it Laurie!! Now you know why I love vintage. It is so hard for me to do quick/easy cards after doing vintage for years. You got the bug now lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, and it's all your fault :) I just loved your cards at Spring Fling!!

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...