Thursday, April 8, 2010

Faux Postage

I like to add a technique each month in my card class so I have been going through my old albums from the Technique University I attended with Ronda Wade and my notebooks full of technique tutorials I have gotten from Splitcoast Stampers and came across one I really like but haven't done for awhile - faux postage. You print a template onto cardstock and then cut it to the size you want for your card front. This is the card we will be making in class on the 22nd:








Once you print the template, you make a mask for the "stamps" using the Window Sheets. You cut an oval-rectangle shape out of the window sheet using the craft knife and then lay it over the printed template. Using sponge daubers, you add layers of ink to fill in the opening. Then you stamp a small image in the center to create your postage stamp. So easy and so pretty!!! And this technique goes perfectly with the Extra Postage and Tiny Tags stamp sets in the Occasions Mini Catalog. You can still order this set through the end of the month.

The complete list of supplies is:

Stamp Set: Extra Postage, Tiny Tags

Cardstock: Pretty In Pink, Chocolate Chip, Taken With Teal, Very Vanilla, Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper (Occasions Mini)

Ink: Chocolate Chip, Bermuda Bay, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron

Accessories: Pretty In Pink 5/8-inch Satin Ribbon, Scallop Oval Punch, Wide Oval Punch, Sponge Daubers, Stampin' Dimensionals, Medium Window Sheets, Craft Knife and Cutting Mat

I love the look this technique gives a card - something out of the ordinary! It is nice to change things up a bit once in awhile.

Speaking of change, Stampin' Up is reinventing their color combinations in the new catalog that comes out July 1st. Thirty of the current colors will be retiring - yes, I know that sounds like a huge change, and it is. But, they are bringing back 10 In Colors from the past few years and adding 5 brand new colors. I will be posting all of the details tomorrow so be sure to come back. The retiring colors will no doubt be tagged - "while supplies last", so you will want to start stocking up on paper before they are gone forever. 'Til next time.....

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...