Sunday, April 18, 2010

Summer Mini Sneak Peek

I wanted to give you all a sneak peek at one of the FABULOUS sets coming up in May when the Summer Mini goes live. I love this set - Watercolor Trio. The watercolor sets always have a very soft finish which actually ends up looking quite elegant. I also did some experimenting with punches for this as well and you get the benefit of my labor :) This is what I came up with:










Turned out sooo coool!!!! But, I must admit it looks much better in real life because the afternoon light coming through my window skews the colors. I cut 3 Top Notes with my Big Shot (you have to have one of these!). I trimmed the border from the Basic Black and Confetti Cream notes so I could layer them behind the Sage Shadow one. Then I punched in on all four sides of the Basic Black and Sage Shadow notes using the 1 3/4-inch circle punch which made the coolest frame for my stamped image. I chose "From the Heart from this set because - from my heart, I truly am going to miss Sage Shadow. It is one of the many colors retiring on June 30th. Broke my heart when I read that :(

But, change is good and I am absolutely in LOVE with the new colors being introduced on July 1st. All demonstrators received samples in our monthly Stampin' Success magazine we get as a benefit this month. AND we get to preorder them in June. Do you want to be the first to get them with me???? Go here and join my team today and start reaping the benefits :) I can't wait to get them - just like Christmas !!

Anyway, back to the present - the complete list of supplies for my card is:

Stamp Set: Watercolor Trio

Cardstock: Confetti Cream, Basic Black, Sage Shadow, Nouveau Chic DSP

Ink: Jet Black Stazon, Sage Shadow

Accessories: Big Shot with SU Exclusive Top Note die and Finial Press Embossing Folder, 1 3/4-inch Circle Punch, Basic Black 1/4-inch Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

I love the look that you get using the embossing folders and it takes minimal time compared to using a light table and brass template. So, needless to say, I do alot more dry embossing now than I ever have. Well, I am finished designing for Thursday's card class and now I have 43 card fronts to finish for two swaps on Saturday. 'Til next time......

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...