Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Kind and Caring Thoughts

I was gone all day yesterday doing the "doctor's appointments" thing for the hubby so I just have not had a chance to get to the design table. I feel the withdrawals coming on already :) So, I decided to go back through the cards I have made over the past year and see what I had left. I found one that I made when the current catalog and In Colors first appeared. I love the fact that demonstrators are able to purchase a couple of the upper level hostess sets during the pre-buy period because I seldom am able to earn them free. And I absolutely love this Level 3 set called Kind and Caring Thoughts:







Unfortunately, I couldn't get the colors of this card to come out as clear as I wanted them to. But, I used my favorite In Color combination of Rich Razzleberry and Bermuda Bay. I am soooo glad Rich Razzleberry is becoming a core color for Stampin' Up with the color renovation but I will be sad to say good-bye to Bermuda Bay - LOVE these two together. My picture here just does not do them justice :( And I love how the small butterfly from Flight of the Butterfly matches the ribbon - tooo cute!

My complete list of supplies for this is:

Stamp Set:
Kind and Caring Thoughts (Level 3 Hostess), Flight of the Butterfly

Ink:
Bermuda Bay, Rich Razzleberry

Cardstock:
Bermuda Bay, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White

Accessories:
Eyelet Border Punch, Rich Razzleberry Polka-dot Ribbon

It is fun to look back at what I have created in the past to see how my style has developed over time. At first, everything was super simple and as I have progressed I have begun to add more embellishments and layers to get more depth with my cards. The more I explore and learn, the more fun I have!!! I can't wait to see what the future brings with Stampin' Up. I love their products and am so excited for the new catalog coming in a few months. And, of course, sharing with all of you is the best part!! 'Til next time.........

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty Laurie! I love this set and am so sad that it was brought out as a Hostess set for only one year.

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...