Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter Blessings

Easter has always been one of my favorite holidays. And not just because you get alot of chocolate :) The whole purpose of the holiday is to celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. The belief that He lives today is a huge part of my life. In fact, it is what keeps me going through good and bad times. It gives me strength everyday to keep pushing forward no matter what comes along. And I wish that same faith and peace for all of you.

So, I enjoy making cards to celebrate Spring and Easter and all of the new life that comes with both. Since my April card class will be meeting after Easter Sunday, we made this card in March:








It was very quick and simple yet portrays the beauty that both seasons offer. I used one of the big flowers from The Pretties Kit and sponged it with Barely Banana, Pale Plum, and Perfect Plum ink. I covered the Perfect Plum cardstock with Versamark ink and then embossed it with Irridescent Ice glitter. I just love the background it creates! Always adds a bit of elegance to any card. I attached the flower to the embossed piece with a 5/8-inch neutral brad and then attached the whole piece to the card with dimensionals. It turned out to be a beautiful way to bless my friends.


The full supply list is:


Stamp Set: Abundant Hope


Cardstock: Barely Banana, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum


Ink: Perfect Plum, Versamark


Accessories: 5/8-inch Neutral Brads, Pretties Kit, Irridescent Ice Glitter, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat, Scallop Border Punch, Elegant Eggplant 1/4-inch Grosgrain Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots, Heat Tool, 3/16-inch Corner Rounder Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals


I wish each and every one of you a blessed Easter and peace for your life. I will be spending that day with my brothers and their families but will miss my youngest brother and my parents who live on the west coast. I know they will be together also along with my nephew and his family. I hope you are able to share the day with your family and other people you love. 'Til next time.....


Happy Stamping,


Laurie


Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...