Thursday, April 22, 2010

Summer Mini Swap

I am going to Ronda Wade's Spring Fling event on Saturday. I will be delivering my 23 swap cards for the Summer Mini Swap to Sandy Haynes that day. In return, I will receive just as many swaps back from other demonstrators in our group. We do this as a way to get ideas for the new products coming out on May 1st when the Summer Mini takes effect. We sent our list of choices and I was assigned the new stamp set called Favorite Thoughts. It consists of 4 verses focusing on women. Since our group is called "The Rubberqueens" I was so excited to have a verse that was made just for us:







"Don't treat me any differently than you would a queen!" I LOVE IT!!!!! It really should become our motto :) The image from the stamp set had to be the main focus of the card so I had to do something to showcase the verse. Since I liked how the punched Top Note frame turned out on another card, I decided to use that technique and just changed it a bit. This time I used the 1 3/8-inch circle punch. It allows more of the embossed Top Note to show and didn't leave too much empty space around the verse.


Here is the complete list of supplies:


Stamp Set:
Favorite Thoughts


Cardstock:
Basic Black, Bride Specialty Paper, Whisper White


Ink:
Jet Black Stazon


Accessories:
Big Shot with Top Note die and Finial Press Embossing Folder, 1 3/8-inch Circle Punch, 3/16-inch Circle Punch, Clear Rhinestone Brads (every queen deserves a little bling), Basic Black 1/4-inch Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots


I love the design on the Bride Specialty Paper in the background. It is foiled onto the white paper and shines in the light - so lovely!!! There are so many different things you can do with this paper to spotlight the foiled design. I hope it doesn't retire when the new catalog comes out. I want to do so much more with it. I think this design would also make a beautiful card for a wedding. So, keep your fingers crossed :) 'Til next time.....


Happy Stamping,


Laurie


Remember to get your mammogram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...