Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Shadowbox Card

Sorry about being MIA for a few days. My hubby has really had a tough time fighting off his last bout with pneumonia that occured a month ago. He suffered a relapse this past Friday and is back in the hospital. He is doing better but they are having a hard time pinpointing the problem. So, I am not sure how long they plan to keep him but I hope they don't let him out until he is healthy!!! In the meantime, I am busy running back and forth and trying to work part-time, apply for jobs, and keep up with my stamping :) I have my monthly class coming up in 10 days and I have to prepare 23 swap cards for the Summer Mini swap I joined and I have to make swap cards for Ronda Wade's Spring Fling on April 24th. So......thank goodness for my "rubber room." It really does keep me from going totally crazy :)


So, as you might have noticed in the right-hand column here on my blog, I have joined a group called "UStamp with Dawn and Friends." I have learned some amaaaaazing things from the very talented designers she features in her groups. The other day, I was inspired by Jen Picard's shadowbox card and immediately started playing around to come up with some of my own. Here is the first one I created:








The full list of supplies:


Stamp Set: Elements of Style (Summer Mini)

Cardstock: Basic Black, Noueau Chic DSP, Watercolor Paper, Groom Specialty Paper

Ink: Jet Black Stazon

Accessories: Scallop Trim Border Punch, Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon, Stampin' Pastels, Blender Pen, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, Mini Glue Dots, Bone Folder or Scoring Blade and Paper Cutter

I absolutely LOVE making these cards - definitely my new FAVE!!!! They are so easy and yet probably the most elegant ones I have ever been able to make. I had so many problems getting clear pictures and uploading more images that I will just have to try to describe things on my own. It is difficult to see in the picture, but the black frame on the card is actually raised up 1/4 inch. You make two score marks on the sides and then attach the outermost section to the card front with sticky strip. This allows the center section to be raised. You attach your focus piece first with dimensionals. It really is simple but looks like you spent hours - kinda like making Rice Krispie treats :) I will be making alot more of these cards. This one is 5 1/4-inches square so you have to buy the square envelopes. I am going to work at "tweaking" it so it will be the regular card size. Keep watch! 'Til next time......

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...