Sunday, April 25, 2010

Another Shadowbox Card

I really got hooked on shadowbox cards after seeing the one Jenn Picard created for UStamp. So, I started thinking about all of the special occasions they could be used for. My cousin's 15th anniversary was this past week so I decided to create one for her. This is how it turned out:







Now, I just can't make enough of them!!! They are so fun to play around with and add embellishments to. The new stamp set, Elements of Style, from the upcoming Summer Mini Catalog is perfect for so many occasions. And you can simply change the sentiment on the inside of the card to fit your purpose. Here is a closer look at that stampset:






The flowers in the set work beautifully with these roses I created using the Floral Fusion sizzlit die and my Big Shot (are you convinced yet that you need one?) Of course, I cannot take credit for the original idea - there are instructions everywhere on the web for these. They are a little time consuming at first, but trust me - once you get started, they become quite simple and addicting. So addicting that I actually did a card similar to this for the swap at Ronda Wade's Spring Fling yesterday. I did 20 cards so that meant 40 roses! I now consider myself an expert :) Finally, I can "grow" flowers!!! Anyway, here is the complete list of supplies for the card:


Stamp Set: Elements of Style

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Bridesmaid Specialty Paper, Sahara Sand, Bella Bleu DSP

Ink: Sahara Sand

Accessories: Big Shot with Floral Fushion and Little Leaves Sizzlits and Clear Circle Die, Pretties Kit, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Paper Piercing Tool (for curling the petals), Mini Glue Dots


I was so pleased with the way this card turned out. I will denfinitely be making a lot more of them. I can also see just the card front in a small shadowbox frame. Wouldn't that be neat with a picture in the center? Oh, I feel a new project coming on...... :) 'Til next time.......

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention Laurie that you won the swap card contest!! As soon as I saw your card I knew you were going to win -- one of the most beautiful cards I have ever seen for a swap!! So much detail and every bit of it is gorgeous -- I am so glad that I decided to make swap cards late Friday night, or I would not have gotten your card. Called my sister first thing this morning and tried to describ your card -- now I will send her a link to your blog!
    Hugs,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sandi. You do some amazing stuff and I am so envious of your work. For you to compliment mine is a great honor!

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...