Friday, April 16, 2010

King of the Grill

I have a brother who LOVES to cook on the grill. He and his family have a seasonal spot at a campground and we get to visit on the weekends in the summer and enjoy his talent!!! So, I thought this stamp set from the upcoming Summer Mini was perfect for his birthday card. This is how it came out:

Isn't that chef just the cutest?? :) I didn't want alot of color so I used my pastels. They have been on the shelf for such a long time - it has been fun to play with them again. It gives just enough color without being overpowering. And do you love the Brocade Blue paper on this? I used the Square Lattice embossing folder (also in the Summer Mini). The texture of this folder makes your paper almost feel like fabric. SOOOO COOOOL!!!!! I will definitely be using this often! And to top it all off - here is the inside of the card:






He definitely is the "king." I am all too happy to give credit where credit is due :)

The full list of supplies is:

Stamp Set: King of the Grill

Cardstock: Brocade Blue (retiring July 1), Real Red, Sahara Sand, Whisper White

Ink: Basic Gray

Accessories: Square Lattice emboss folder, Big Shot (love it more than ever), Jumbo Eyelets, Crop-a-Dile, Bashful Blue Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin' Pastels, Stampin' Dimensionals

Very simple and fun!! I think this would also be an adorable invitation to a Bar-b-que! Don't you just love the endless possibilities when you make your own cards??? I know I do. 'Til next time....


Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...