Thursday, June 30, 2011

Snow Much Fun Gift Tag Box Sneak Peek

Once in awhile when going through my e-mails, I come across a card or project that I just cannot resist making. Such was the case this week when I received my e-newsletter from Papercraft Planet :) I was looking over the articles and the featured video for the week was by Valita (whom I adore!) and she made the cutest card that doubles as a gift box for flat items, such as tags. Oh my gosh, it was just the cutest little thing and I HAD to make one of my own....lol!! No surprise there, right?

Anyway, I decided to follow her example and do some Christmas gift tags and thought this would be a terrific way to introduce you to another stamp set that will be available tomorrow (sooooo excited for the new catalog!!!!) - Snow Much Fun. I just adore the snowmen in this set! They have offered some comfort from losing Flaky Friends a couple of years ago.

So, I watched Valita's video and here is my version of her gift box card:





I used my pastels and a blender pen to color the snowmen. The designer series paper is called Pocketful of Posies and is also in the new catalog. Here is the card opened up:




It is the cutest little box! I made 6 gift tags to put inside. I hooked some of the Tinsel Trim that I had left from last year's Holiday Mini catalog through each one. I sure hope they give us something like that this year. I loved that trim. The scalloped layer is cut with the Big Shot (you must have one of these!!) using the new Perfect Pennants die. LOVE this die! I stamped an image from Tags Til Christmas which was also in the Holiday Mini (hope you held on to yours).....




To hold the ribbon securely on the back of the card, I attached it with a glue dot and then added the snowball from Snow Much Fun over top of it using sticky strip on the bottom and top edges.




The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Snow Much Fun, Tags til Christmas

Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Pocketful of Posies Designer Series Paper

Ink: Basic Gray, Baja Breeze, Rich Razzleberry

Accessories:
Big Shot, Perfect Pennants die, Whisper White 3/8-inch Taffeta Ribbon, Blender Pen, Stampin' Pastels, Silver Tinsel Trim (retired), Sticky Strip, 1 1/4-inch Square Punch, 1 3/8-inch Square Punch, 1 3/4-inch Circle Punch

I really like the way this turned out. I think Baja Breeze and Rich Razzleberry may be a fun new color combo for Christmas :) Nothing wrong with "thinking outside of the box" sometimes - especially in stamping! I never really thought about this combo much until I got this paper and now it is fast becoming a favorite. I didn't even think I would actually like this paper but boy was I mistaken! Simply gorgeous! Just goes to show that pictures just don't do our products justice - they are sooo much prettier in real life.

Valita had a very good idea about sending these as early Christmas cards so the recipient can use the tags on the gifts they give. I know a few of my friends who will be receiving one this year :) I think it is a terrific idea and can be used for so many different kinds of tags - birthdays, all occasion, little thank yous.........the list goes on :) It will be fun creating more of these - they are super easy! Thanks, Valita - amazing, as usual!!! You can find the directions to make this gift box card by going here and searching the list on the right hand side for "Making a Simple Box Card." Valita does some absolutely wonderful videos for lots of fun projects and cards. I just love her work!! She is a fabulous paper crafter!! Be sure to check her out on youtube.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have enjoyed this little gift box card. I hope it has inspired you to create one of your own and feel free to share it with me if you do :) 'Til next time......................,

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

1 comment:

  1. Now I'm mad at you. I should be working on my swaps for convention but when I saw this I had to try making one. I screwed up a couple of sheets of paper but I finally got one right. Then, of course, I had to play with it and change the size. Now I've got it down to a regular card size. Thanks for the great inspiration.
    Lynn Schulz

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...