Friday, June 10, 2011

Cottage Garden Step Card

For quite some time now, I have seen Step Cards posted on the yahoo groups that I belong to. They just always looked a bit complicated so I was just content to comment about how pretty they were.....until last week. Someone (sorry, I can't for the life of me remember who) posted one that was so different and I knew I HAD to try one :) I love being challenged by other crafters!

I wanted to showcase some of the designer series paper that is retiring so I chose Sunny Garden. The colors are so bright and cheery and there is a coordinating stamp set - woohoo!! So, I took it off the shelf and this is how it turned out:




I was soooo happy with it!! And it was so simple - I kick myself now for waiting so long to try this. It was way easier than I thought. This is how the card looks from the side:






The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Cottage Garden

Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Poppy Parade, Whisper White, Sunny Garden Designer Series Paper

Ink: Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Poppy Parade

Accessories: Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Daffodil Delight 1/8-Taffeta Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

This really was very easy to make. If I can remember where I got the directions, I will post it - or maybe we will get lucky and the person who did this will leave a comment for us :)

I stamped the small poppy parade flowers on the dsp pieces on the sides and created my own "dsp" for the center with stamps from the set. There is a sheet similar to it in the pack of paper but I love being able to create my own. It's fun to make it any color I choose. This Designer Series Paper is on the Last Chance so you will want to buy it soon!! You can purchase it here. I have this card cut for my card class on Saturday - I hope my gals don't panic when they see it :)

Thanks for stopping by today and letting my share with you - I always enjoy your visits :) 'Til next time.................................

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...