Monday, June 20, 2011

Friends 24-7

At my card class this month I wanted to use some stamp sets that are retiring just to remind everyone to be sure to get them while they can :) Friends 24-7 has always been one of my favorites. I am so sad to see it go :( I just love the little bird perched on the tree branch.

This set is also fun to use with the vintage style. And since I haven't done that style lately, I decided this would be a good time to bring it back. So, I got out my sponges and came up with this:




The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Friends 24-7, Heard From the Heart

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Poppy Parade

Ink: Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade, Soft Suede

Accessories: Blender Pen, Victoria 5/8-inch Crochet Trim, Early Espresso 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware, Stampin' Sponges, Stampin' Dimensionals

I inked up the flourish image with Crumb Cake ink and then stamped off once before stamping it on the Very Vanilla layer. I sponged around the card base and the small vanilla layer with both Poppy Parade and Soft Suede. Then I sponged the other layers with just Soft Suede. I tilted the pieces when layering them to give it a more dimensional look and attached the layered unit with dimensionals. I colored the bird's chest using Poppy Parade and a blender pen. I think it makes him look like a red-breasted robin :) I always love it when you see the first one in the spring.

I am really going to miss the Hodgepodge Hardware, too. I love using it for accents - especially when I do a vintage card. S0 many of the shapes coordinate with our punches and these little ribbon pulls are perfect with our 1/4-inch Grosgrain Ribbon. Oh, and did I mention you can get it at 40% off right now??!! It is normally priced $29.99 so now is definitely the time to buy it for only $17.97!! Awesome deal and you can purchase it here. But, hurry because it is on a first come - first served basis and only through June 30.

This card was so fun and easy to make. And, it was perfect for my Stampin' Up team. Afterall, we are AT&T - Always Thumpin' and Thwackin'.....lol! In case you don't know, it means we thump our sponges on our ink pads and thwack them across the edges of our cardstock :) It's a great way to have fun with friends!!

I hope this card has inspired you today. Thanks so much for stopping by - I always appreciate your visits :) 'Til next time..................,

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...