Sunday, June 12, 2011

Inspired by Nature

I had a great card class yesterday with 8 wonderful stampers (and friends). We had such a fun time together!! I always look forward to my card class and the good times.

This month I tried to focus on some retiring Designer Series Paper so I could get some of stock used up :) Need to make room for the new ones! I still had some of the Jolly Holiday paper and the more I looked at it, the more I could see it used for so much more than just Christmas. So, I brought out one my favorite sets to come up with this:




The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Inspired by Nature

Cardstock:
Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Very Vanilla

Ink:
Jet Black Stazon

Accessories:
Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive Markers, Old Olive 5/8-inch Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

I colored the grassy image of the stamp set with the Old Olive marker and stamped it, then colored the stemmed flowers with the Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler markers and stamped it over the other image. Then I stamped the sentiment with Black Stazon. I honestly hate to see this Designer Series Paper leave. It was nice to have something so versatile for Christmas and year 'round..and I just LOVE these two colors together! When I first started with Stampin' Up six years ago I wasn't sure how I felt about Old Olive. But, over the course of time, I have grown to love it just as much as all of the others :)

The Jolly Holiday DSP and the Old Olive ribbon I used on this card will both be gone forever at the end of the month (if not sooner). You can still purchase them here.

Thanks so much for stopping by today - as always, I enjoy our visits. 'Til next time....................,

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to use Jolly Holly on a non-Christmas card. I love how you have done this card...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...