Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Challenge 98 - Non-traditional Christmas

Wow, it's hard to believe this is my final week as a Guest Designer with Late Night Stampers already. It has really been fun!! I am so honored to have been part of such a wonderful team! Thanks, Ladies :)

This week's challenge is to create a Christmas Card using non-traditional colors. We cannot use any green or red. So, I started out knowing I wanted to use Rich Razzleberry for sure. Then I decided to pair it up with Basic Gray (I really like them together) but wanted an even sharper contrast so I added Basic Black into the mix and topped it off with Whisper White to come up with this:




The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: A Wish For Peace, Peaceful Season

Cardstock: Basic Black, Basic Gray, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White

Ink: Basic Gray, Rich Razzleberry

Accessories: Big Shot with Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Rich Razzleberry 5/8-inch Satin Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

I inked up my stamp with Basic Gray ink and stamped off once before I stamped onto the Whisper White so I would have a lighter image. Then I stamped the sentiment over it with Rich Razzleberry. I love the way it turned out!! It is always so much fun to "think outside the box" and change things up a little bit. Although I love the traditional colors of Christmas, once in awhile something like this is just plain fun :)

I hope my card inspires you to do something a little different this Christmas season, too. Let me know if you do. I always enjoy seeing what others are creating. Thanks for coming by today and sharing my little piece of the "Non-Traditional Christmas" challenge. 'Til next time..............

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty Laurie!!! I haven't even started my personal cards yet, just got home about a half-hour ago. Hope to get inky fingers by Thursday.
    Sandi
    http://anotherchancetostamp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I had to come check out your blog. I know I've stopped here before. :) I have orders to deliver, then I'll answer your email.

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...