Friday, November 19, 2010

Peaceful Season

Since the first time I saw the Level 2 Hostess Set Peaceful Season in the Holiday Mini Catalog, I have wanted it! This month I was finally able to earn it - thank you card class!! The images in this set are just gorgeous and add such an elegant feel to Christmas cards. They look so simple until you start adding them to cardstock :)

Mr. Brown (that's what I call the UPS man) delivered it to me on Wednesday and I couldn't get the box open fast enough - LOL!! Yesterday, I set my sights on using it and here is the first card I created:





This is how I finished the inside of the card:




The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Peaceful Season

Cardstock:
Cherry Cobbler, Brushed Gold, Very Vanilla, Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper


Ink:
Versamark


Accessories:
Big Shot with Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder, Heat Tool, Gold Emboss Powder, Victoria Crochet Trim, Mini Glue Dots, Gold Ziggy Pen (retired)


I cut the pine bough from a sheet of the Deck the Halls DSP and added to the top of the card with Mini Glue Dots before tying the Crochet Trim around. I used a chipboard template underneath the embossing folder to leave the flat oval in the center where I embossed the sentiment. I embossed the holly leaf on the inside of the card. You can't see it very well, but under the trim, there is a holly leaf entwined in the pine bough so I thought it would tie the two together. I used the gold end of the ziggy pen to add gold to the center of the poinsettias. SU no longer carries this pen but it is still available at your local craft store.

I liked this one so well that I decided I just had to do another one with my favorite sentiment from the set:





This is how I finished the inside:





I just love this dove - a beautiful symbol of peace. The holly branch is also cut from the Deck the Halls DSP for the front of this one. I started thinking afterward that the inside images probably could have been switched but "Peace" and doves just seem to go together :)

I hope you enjoy the cards I created for you and thanks for stopping by so I could share them with you. 'Til next time........................

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!!

2 comments:

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...