Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thank You Card for LNS Challenge 95

While I was designing the cards for my card class this month, I decide to "kill two birds with one stone." This week's challenge for the yahoo group I am guest designing for is to make a Thank You or Thanksgiving card. I have already shared a few Thanksgiving cards and I am a bit limited on stamp sets in that category, so I decided to do a Thank You card instead.

I wanted something that was simple and yet elegant. I had 8 ladies this month at my class so I needed some simple cards that would go together quickly. When I design this type of card, I like to do simple layering with texture. And what better way to add texture than the Big Shot and an embossing folder :) I know, you saw that coming a mile away - LOL!! So, I chose the fabulous Concord Crush from our In Colors and ended up with this:





The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Thank You Kindly

Cardstock:
Concord Crush, Naturals White

Ink:
Concord Crush

Accessories:
Big Shot with Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Folder, Concord Crush 1/2-inch Stitched Poly Ribbon, Designer Label Punch, IModern Label Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

I think this card is a perfect example of "less is more." Sometimes just a simple "thank you" with a little texture around it just pops off the card. I love using the many embossing folders that Stampin' Up carries and this one is absolutely gorgeous!! It reminds me of the wallpaper upstairs in my grandmother's house that was flocked with velvet. I used to love to touch it when I was a little girl and every time I use this folder, I just have to touch the paper and rub the texture :)

I know so many people that I could send this card to. I love it when I have the opportunity to brighten someone's day with a handmade card. And one like this is very easy to produce in any quantity :) I hope it has inspired you to give a simple "thank you" to someone you know.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing with me today. 'Til next time..................

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

1 comment:

  1. just stunning and this idea is so versatile....from Christmas to birthday to thank you.... thank you for sharing.....

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...