Monday, November 1, 2010

Challenge 94 Gift Card Holder

I am so excited!! I have been invited to be the November Guest Designer for the Late Night Stampers Yahoo group that I belong to. Each Monday in November I will have a sample to show for the weekly challenge. This is going to be so much fun!!!

This week the challenge was to make a gift card holder. There are so many cute designs for these but I wanted to do something a bit different. Awhile back I had seen the directions for a Diagonal Double Pocket Card on Splitcoast Stampers. I have wanted to make one ever since but just hadn't gotten around to it. So, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to try one. This is how it turned out:



I used the Two Tags die and my Big Shot to add the gift card and a sentiment in the pockets and used one of the sentiments from the Afterthoughts Level 1 Hostess Set for the front image:





The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Afterthoughts Hostess Level 1, Merry Crittermas

Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Real Red, Whisper White, Candy Cane Christmas Designer Series Paper

Ink: Basic Gray, Real Red

Accessories: Big Shot with Two Tags die, Dotto, Real Red 1/8-inch Taffeta Ribbon, Markers - Blushing Bride, Baja Breeze, Real Red Wild Wasabi

This was so easy to make. I didn't have an actual gift card so I had to use my Costco Card in the sample...LOL!! But then, it is like Christmas every time I go there because they always have really cool stuff :) I put some dotto on the tag before I tucked the gift card under the lip on the tag and it holds it perfectly. And the dotto rubs right off the back of the gift card when you remove it. The whole card base is made with one sheet of Designer Series Paper cut down to 8 1/2" x 11". I used the yummy Candy Cane Christmas DSP from the Holiday Mini catalog. You can get the directions here. It was so simple - don't know why I waited so long to try it!! You could use different DSP to adapt this gift card holder to any occasion. You can get all of the supplies you need to make yours here.

Thanks for coming by today and I hope you are inspired to create a gift card holder or even just a card using this very fun style. 'Til next time...............

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...