Thursday, December 9, 2010

Simple Thank You Card

Wow!! Life just seems to have a taken a turn for crazy lately :) After Thanksgiving, I spent some much needed time with a friend I have known "forever" and thoroughly enjoy her company!! She and I spent a day with our moms having lunch and shopping at a little place a bit north of here called Canterbury Gardens. Such a cool little shop that right now is like a miniature version of Bronner's Christmas Store back home in Michigan. Wonderful way to spend a day :)

Then I caught my dad's cold (thank goodness I am over that now) and just when I thought I could finally start designing for my December card class, I started getting calls for substitute teaching!!! I guess it is true - when it rains, it pours :) Don't get me wrong - I am so grateful for the opportunity to finally get some work. And I love working with kids so this has been a double blessing!! Right now I am working mornings at a school as a "working interview" for a Teacher's Assistant position. Hopefully, something good will happen with that. In the meantime, I have applied for a couple of other part-time positions so I could do the school and something else. One of them is absolutely my dream job - working with the Leukemia & Lyphoma Society. So, keep your fingers crossed for me and if you pray, please say an extra one for me :)

So, back to stamping :) Not that this part of my life has been any calmer lately. During the recent Starter Kit offer I picked up 2 more members of my team - welcome Kathy and Lauren. They joined Elena, June, and I for the downline meeting this month along with June's new recruit, Joni (who just happens to be that friend I told you about). My team is really growing and I am so excited!!!! I am really looking forward to a wonderful year in 2011!!! Then, it was like Christmas here this week when my huge order from Sherrill Graff came on Monday and my Occasions Mini preorder arrived yesterday :) I could hardly contain myself this week!!!! But, I finally got all calmed down and back to work - good thing since my card class is Saturday :)

I have decided to try to use some colors that have been hidden away for awhile. So, I used one of my new stamps and a couple of my favorite "springy" colors to come up with this:





The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Elizabeth, Just Believe

Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White

Ink: Tempting Turquoise

Accessories: Big Shot with Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Whisper White Organza Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

This is one of those quick and easy cards that we all just love!! I have never used this color combination before but I will definitely use it again. Coming up with a color combo for the UStamp events has inspired me to try to change things up now and then and step out of my comfort zone. I am glad for that inspiration. We all have our favorite colors and tend to pretty much focus our projects with just those colors. I love this new combo :) Pink Pirouette is such a soft pastel pink and Tempting Turquoise just makes it POP!! LOVE IT !! :) This will be great for spring and I was thinking it would be wonderful for a baby girl card - don't you?? And this stamp set - Elizabeth. I have wanted this for so long - thank you Sherrill - it is one of the single stamps and is just gorgeous!!! I added the sentiment from Just Believe with dimensionals to set them off!

Well, I still have 6 cards to design for Saturday, a tutorial to finish, my project for the next UStamp to complete, plus I am sure there is something I am forgetting - LOL!! So, I guess it is time to stop talking and start working!!!

Thanks so much for coming by today and not giving up on me totally - I know it's been awhile since my last post :) 'Til next time...............................

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!!

1 comment:

  1. Laurie, your "Thank You" card is gorgeous!! Love the colors. TFS! Stampin' Up! Demonstrator in Bradenton, FL

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...