Saturday, December 18, 2010

Good Cheer

I have been a crafter for many years. I used to sell wood and cloths projects to stores and other crafters who traveled around doing craft shows. One of my favorite projects was always "Father Christmas." I love Santa and have always required my household to believe in him and the spirit of giving - but when it comes to crafting, I always preferred the "vintage" look of the old world Santa.

So, needless to say, the Good Cheer stamp set was definitely added to my wish list :) And now, I finally have it. I had to make a card with it so I decided to do this with my downline at our meeting this month:





The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Good Cheer

Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Naturals Ivory

Ink: Jet Black Stazon, Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede

Accessories: Blender Pens, Antique Brads, Victoria Lace Trim, Stampin' Dimensionals, Ticket Corner Punch, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat

The vintage accessories Stampin' Up carries are perfect to use with this stamp set. We squeezed the ink pads to put ink on the lid and then used blender pens to add the color to the image. I wanted to have a softer look than I would have gotten with markers. The brad was the best finishing touch!! This card was actually pretty quick and easy to do - definitely one that could be done in a stamp-a-stack. Hopefully this set will still be around next year :)

Thanks for stopping by today and allowing me to share with you again :) 'Til next time..............

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...