Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sock Monkey Birthday

When I was little, I remember my mom making a doll for me out my dad's work socks. Well, actually it was a monkey. All of the directions for making these cute little guys were printed on the paper band wrapped around the pair of socks. I think every child had one of these - at least all of my friends did :) And we would play for hours with our monkeys!

So, when the Sock Monkey stamp set was released by Stampin' Up, I knew eventually it would end up in my craft room. And, that time has arrived (thanks to Sherrill Graff). I chose the Sock Monkey and all of his accessories in my contest order from Sherrill. I have been "dying" to use him. So, for card class this month, I created this:





The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Sock Monkey, Heard From The Heart

Cardstock:
Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Real Red, Very Vanilla

Ink:
Jet Black Stazon, Early Espresso

Accessories:
Real Red 1/8-inch Taffeta Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals, Markers - Chocolate Chip, Daffodil Delight, Real Red, 3/16-inch Corner Rounder Punch

I stamped the cupcake and his party hat on scraps of Very Vanilla cardstock and then colored them before cutting them out. I attached the hat and his bow with a glue dot and the cupcake with a dimensional.

I absolutely love this little monkey. He is perfect for a child's birthday or for anyone who grew up playing with a sock monkey doll. And he is just plain fun!! I can't wait to put him in his little wagon and give him a bunch of bananas,.......LOL! What a fun way to be a kid again :) He will look so cute dressed up for Christmas - be sure to watch for him soon.

Thanks for stopping by today. If you grew up with a sock monkey doll, I hope this card brought back some cherished childhood memories for you, too. 'Til next time.....................

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

2 comments:

  1. My sister would love this for her birthday she loves sock monkeys
    This is perfect where can I get one.

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...