Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Kimono Kids and Another Sneak Peek

When I first saw the Kimono Kids stamp set in the Idea Book & Catalog, I was thought it was cute but wasn't sure I would use it enough to warrant the purchase. But, when I saw some projects done with it in one of the UStamp events, I was hooked! So, needless to say, I had to get it :)

This month in my card class, I decided to start my customers looking toward Spring. I know, it isn't even Christmas yet, but the Occasions Mini goes live the first week in January so I thought I would get an early start. And I was dying to use this new stamp set!! (Thanks, Dawn :) )

I knew these little kimonos would have to be bright so I dug out my color coach and picked out my color combo - a new favorite, I might add - and ended up with this:




The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Kimono Kids

Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, Whisper White

Ink: Pacific Point, Jet Black Stazon

Accessories: Big Shot with Framed Tulips Embossing Folder, Movers & Shapers Bigz XL and Punch Windows die set, Stampin' Dimensionals, Modern Label Punch, Markers - Certainly Celery, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point and Basic Black

I used the Movers & Shapers die with the Modern Label Punch Window die to cut the layer for the label with the Big Shot (don't know how I ever made cards without this!). The Framed Tulips Embossing Folder is another one of the great products coming your way in the new Occasions Mini Catalog next month :) It is just too cool!! Gonna be another fave!! LOL! Like I don't have enough of those already :)

Aren't these two little girls too sweet? I found that when stamping them, their hair comes a bit light in spots so I used the Basic Black Marker to make it darker. I wanted that part of the image to have good solid color. I love this sentiment - so true sometimes :) I love my relatives but nothing beats a good friend!! And you know who you are......

Thanks so much for stopping by today and sharing another sneak peek with me :) 'Til next time...................

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

2 comments:

  1. I bought this set too because its so cute, but haven't used it yet. I know I need to get some ink on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie, I just love this card. Don't have this stamp set because I felt the same way you did -- but now it is back on my list. Love this color combo -- never would have tried it myself, but perfect for this set.

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...