Monday, December 13, 2010

A Word for You - Sneak Peek

I love preorder months!!! And December is one of those months. This is only one of the perks of being a Stampin' Up demonstrator. The new Occasions Mini Catalog period starts January 4th so many of us are trying some new products this month so we can help you choose them once that mini catalog goes live :) Trust me, you are going to love this one!!! From Valentine's Day to Father's Day and every "day" in between, it has a product you will want - at least, I want them all !! To those of you who know me, this is no great surprise - LOL!!

Seriously, though, there are some AMAZING new products headed your way. I wish I could show you everything, but the most I can do right now is give a little peek at some projects done with those products. So, I tried out the new Fun Flowers die for the Big Shot and a couple of other new products for this:




These flowers truly are FUN!! There is actually one more style of flower on the die but I just used the largest and smallest ones for this card. And do you LOVE that DSP????? Oh my gosh, in person it is to die for!!!! I honestly cannot find one sheet of this that I will not use over and over - absolutely stunning! I will most likely have to purchase at least one package per month just so I have plenty on hand :) It is called Springtime Vintage and can be used for Easter, Mother's Day, birthdays, anniversaries, and the list goes on.........can't get enough of this one. To give the flower that little vintage flair, I sponged the edges with Not Quite Navy ink before I assembled it:




The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: A Word for You

Cardstock: Not Quite Navy, Pear Pizzazz, Confetti Cream

Ink: Not Quite Navy

Accessories: Pear Pizzazz 1/2-inch Seam Binding, Neutrals 5/8-inch Brads, Stampin' Sponges, Stampin' Dimensionals, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat, Bone Folder, Scallop Trim Corner Punch

I used the paper piercing tool and mat to punch a hole in the center of the two flower layers and attached them together with a brad. Then I curled the petals of the flowers up using the bone folder (just like you use a scissor blade to curl ribbon) and then attached the flower to the card with a dimensional. It adds a little more dimension to your flower. I stamped the sentiment with Not Quite Navy ink and then attached it also with dimensionals. I used the Scallop Trim Corner Punch because this paper has a bit of a Victorian Vintage feel so I wanted to "fancy up my card" a bit to match the theme :)

I cannot wait until you can all see this in person!! The picture just does not do this paper justice - it is gorgeous!! And did you notice the "leaves" on the flower? They are actually made by attaching the new Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding on the back of the flower. I just pushed it right onto the prongs of the brad while they were still closed, looped it twice pushing it over the prongs each time. So simple and a very different way to add your "leaves". I love that Seam Binding - it is super easy to work with!! If you would like an Occasion Mini Catalog of your own, please contact me and I will get one to you. I would love to be your demonstrator. Or you will be able to view it in my Online Store beginning January 4th.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and sharing my little sneak peek at the Occasions Mini. As always, I welcome your comments :) 'Til next time...................

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Laurie! I haven't had time to play with my new goodies. Gotta finish Christmas first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Laurie -- my stuff just shipped out today. So I am just soaking up on everybody elses creations. I will be doing a presentation at Ronda's on this stamp set and punch/die. So you are giving me lots of mojo!!

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...