Sunday, September 5, 2010

Vendor Project and Exciting News!!

I was invited to do a Ladies Vendor Show and All-Day Crop on the 18th of September. The event is for the wives of participants at a Railroad Convention. How fun!! The ladies will be able to come and see demonstrations and purchase products from a variety of vendors. Since it against company policy to sell products at events such as these, I have been working on some handmade items to sell.

I wanted to make something that would be inexpensive and useful. I also wanted to showcase Stampin' Up as a company that offers more than just card making and scrapbooking. So, I looked to my favorite source for projects like this - Splitcoast Stampers :) In the past, I have carried this item at vendor shows and it is always a top seller:





I know, right now you are asking yourself - What in the world are these??? Well, they end up being something every woman needs in her purse!! Each one will be different but here is the first one I have completed:





And this is the inside:





They are so easy to make. You start with a piece of cardstock cut to 5 1/2 x 8 1/4 inches. Score it at 2 5/8 and 2 7/8. Use a piece of designer series paper, 2 1/2 x 2 scored at 7/8 and 1 1/8 to cover the top of the tablet. Attach the tablet to the inside using sticky strip. Cover the front with designer series paper and add any stamped image you like and VOILA!!! So simple! You can get a complete step-by-step tutorial on www.splitcoaststampers.com by clicking on Resources - Projects. It is a place where you can get lots of ideas for techniques and projects. Warning - it will become addicting! :) I purchased my tablets at a local office supply store and had them cut in half.

These little notepads are wonderful for grocery lists, wish lists, jotting down an address, or whatever you need a sheet of paper for while you are "out and about" :) I always have one in my purse! I have 24 of them to complete and then I will be on to the next project. I only have a couple of weeks so things may get a bit hectic :)

And now for the exciting news-----I have been chosen once again to be a Guest Designer for the next round of UStamp With Dawn and Friends!!!! This time you will get projects that involve cards that move :) I am so excited to be part of another event with this wonderful group of ladies!!! I will keep you updated so you can join us :) I have already seen a few of the projects and they are amazing!!!!

Well, back to the grindstone. Thanks so much for coming by today and allowing me to share with you. 'Til next time.......

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

2 comments:

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...