Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fall Harvest - Masking Technique

I love the fall. It has always been and always will be my favorite season - even if I can't watch the leaves in the woods change color in my back yard anymore :( I will really miss that this year. In fact, I am sure they have already begun to change back home. But, eventually a few will change here in Santee as well. The colors may not be as vibrant, but I can always take a drive to the mountains and get the same effect. And I do love the mountains!!

But, thankfully, Stampin' Up has some really awesome stamp sets that allow me to celebrate the season on paper. Today, I used the stamp set Fall Harvest, which my awesome upline, Debbie, just sent to me!! She actually went to my house in Michigan and shipped me two boxes of supplies and a third one is on the way!! She is so amazing and I am so thankful for her!! She felt sorry for me because I was starting to have withdrawals from my stuff...LOL! And I am so glad she able to locate this stamp set for me so I could make this:





The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Fall Harvest, Day of Gratitude

Cardstock:
Pumpkin Pie, Garden Green, Rich Razzleberry, Very Vanilla

Ink:
Jet Black Stazon, Rich Razzleberry

Accessories:
Big Shot with Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Rich Razzleberry 1 1/4-inch Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Linen Thread, Stampin' Dimensionals, Markers - Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Garden Green, Rich Razzleberry, White Signo Gel Pen

I just love this stamp set when I want to use the masking technique. I stamped the images on post-it notes and covered the image that I stamped on the Very Vanilla cardstock and stamped another image so it overlapped the post-it. I love the way it gives your images dimension all in one layer. I stamped and colored everything before I ran it through the Big Shot. I can hardly do a project these days without using that thing!!! I just love all of the embossing folders - they are just tooo cool! Or, as my son would say, "as cool as the other side of the pillow." LOL!!

Well, I have so many projects in the works right now. I have been invited to be a designer for the new Cards That Move session of UStamp and I am taking part in an awesome blog hop in November. I will keep you up to date on all of the details but it is something you will definitely NOT want to miss!!! Thanks for stopping by and sharing with me today. 'Til next time.........

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

Shop or join my team at:
team password is: you rock

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful colors Laurie, and the same for your coloring! Fall is my favorite season also, and I don't think I could go without a Michigan Fall -- nothing compares.

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...