Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thankful for....Polished Stone

I am doing a workshop on Saturday and the hostess chose the Polished Stone technique for the demonstration item. I love this technique because it is simple to do but offers a beautiful background for your stamped image. Since fall is in the air - even in Southern California (at least until this weekend), I decided to use a "fallish" color scheme for my technique. And of course, if you use fall colors, Lovely as a Tree is a "go-to" stamp set. I played around with my color combo and this is the finished project:





The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Lovely as a Tree, Thankful For

Cardstock: So Saffron, Soft Suede, Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi, Glossy White

Ink: Jet Black Stazon, Soft Suede

Accessories: Big Shot with Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals, Early Espresso 1/8-inch Satin Ribbon, Classic Re-Inkers: So Saffron, Wild Wasabi, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede

The polished stone technique honestly is very simple to do. I started with a cottonball soaked with rubbing alcohol. To that, I added 2 drops of the So Saffron, Wild Wasabi and Pumpkin Pie re-inkers and 1 drop of the Soft Suede. I dabbed the cottonball onto the Glossy Cardstock. It dries in just a few minutes and then I stamped the tree with Jet Black Stazon. I love the way it looks as though the leaves are changing color. I will miss seeing that from my family room window this year. I know the woods behind our home in Michigan are starting to turn and will soon be vibrant with tones of yellow, orange, and red. We have a few trees here that change late in the season, but if I get too homesick, I can always take a drive to the mountains :)

Tomorrow starts a brand new UStamp Event - Cards with Cool Moves!! I have been asked to be a guest designer for it and I have seen some of the projects already - you will not want to miss this one. The projects are awesome!!!! Click the link on the left to get signed up - you won't be disappointed. Thanks for stopping by and sharing with me today. 'Til next time..............

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...