Sunday, September 12, 2010

Growing Green and Woodland Walk

I got some very exciting news this past week. I sent some of the cards I had made to Sherrill Graff for her Sample Maker contest. I had seen some of the past winners and they were awesome!! I didn't think I stood a chance but to my surprise and astonishment, I actually won!!! So, now I will be making 50 card fronts for Sherrill to display from January thru May. In return, I am getting $350 in FREE merchandise!!! I could hardly keep my feet on the ground :) Sherrill will be holding another contest in February. Visit her at her Late Night Stamper website for all of the details. Don't be afraid to enter her contest - she is so awesome and everyone has the same opportunity to win. You just never know - you could be the next winner!! :)

So, onto the card for today....I really liked the layout of the Thanksgiving card I made the other day so I decided to see what else I could come up with. I swapped out the stamp set from Day of Gratitude to Growing Green and swapped out the Autumn Spice Specialty Paper for the gorgeous Woodland Walk Desinger Series Paper to come up with this:





The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Growing Green, Occasional

Cardstock: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Woodland Walk Designer Series Paper, Wild Wasabi

Ink: Soft Suede

Accessories: Scallop Dotted Ribbon Border Punch, Crimper, Big Shot with Little Leaves Sizzlit, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Scallop Trim Border Punch

I just love using the new Scallop Dotted Ribbon Border Punch to make that cool little strip laid across the card where the two designs from the Designer Series Paper meet. It is so cute!! I stamped the flower image onto Very Vanilla with Soft Suede ink and then cut them out before attaching them with dimensionals. I attached the leaves with Mini Glue Dots just on one leaf so they kind of stick out for some added dimension :) Makes them just POP!!

I really like the way this turned out and definitely plan to do one as a card front for Sherrill. So, 1 down - 49 to go :) Good thing I have until December 15th !!! I figure 1 a day and I should be finished ahead of schedule (providing I stick to that and don't do my usual procrastinating :) ) LOL! Let's hope.....Thanks for coming by today and sharing with me. 'Til next time......

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Laurie -- and well deserved! I'm not surprised, as you are such a talented artist. Love your card today and can't wait to see all of your creations the next 50 days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the win! If this one card is what the majority of your work looks like, no wonder you won!!! Hope you will continue to share your 50 cards. Good luck and happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I absolutely love this card.

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...