Monday, September 20, 2010

Vintage Sense of Time

From the very first time I saw the Sense of Time stamp set, I have wanted it. One of the perks of being chosen as a designer for a UStamp event is some free merchandise. So, naturally I grabbed the opportunity to pick a favorite :) Along with it, I was able to get the fabulous new Distressing Essentials Kit as well. Paired together, I created this:





The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Sense of Time

Cardstock:
Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla

Ink:
Early Espresso

Accessories:
Distressing Essentials Kit, Marina Mist 5/8" Satin Ribbon, Antique Brads, Stampin' Sponge, Stampin' Dimensionals, 1/16" Hole Punch

I stamped the clock on Very Vanilla and then crumpled the cardstock. Then I spread it out and used the Tea Stain and Mahogany inks in the Distressing Essentials Kit to add the "dirty" effects. I also sponged around the edges of each piece with Early Espresso ink. I crumpled up the Marina Mist Satin Ribbon and then sponged a little Early Espresso ink on that as well to cut the brightness and then attached it with two of the smaller Vintage Brads.

Although at first I thought I wouldn't.....I love the vintage style! And I am really loving all of the great new vintage products that Stampin' Up offers this year. From brads to fabric to inks we have a fantastic variety!! You can find them all at my Online Store here. As I was making this card, I also created just a card front for Sherrill Graff - so now it's 2 down, 48 to go :) Now that the vendor show is over, I can get working full steam ahead for her. The show didn't go quite as well as I had hoped. We didn't have very many attendees, but we made a lot of new friends and had the opportunity to network with a terrific group of vendors! I will have the tutorial and some kits available for the project that I demonstrated on my blog tomorrow. So, be sure to check it out!

Thanks for stopping in and letting me share with you today. As always, I appreciate your comments as it helps me know what you like to see. 'Til next time...........

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

1 comment:

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...