Sunday, January 31, 2010

Got Milk?

I know it has been a few days since I posted, but I have been quite busy. Saturday I went to a Sale-a-Bration kickoff hosted by Ronda Wade. There were some great demonstrations and we made some super cute make-and-takes. I was going to post them today but I am so excited about what I created, that they are just going to have to wait until tomorrow :)

Have you seen the new Mini Milk Carton die in the Occasions Mini Catalog? It makes the cutest little containers! As soon as I saw them, I knew I had to have the die and immediately started working on a "milk crate". I have seen one on Becky Roberts' blog but hers was much larger. We have had a template for a milk carton for quite some time but it is about twice as big as the one made with the die.
So, now that I have built your anticipation - I must say the "I have milk and this is what it looks like....."

This was soooooo fun to make. The cartons are so cool - you cut and score them all in one swipe through the Big Shot (one more reason this is my favorite toy)!!! Sure beats cutting and scoring each line one by one like I used to do! I was hoping to be able to use the Box #2 die to make the crate but it just wasn't deep enough to sit the cartons in. So, I started measuring and adding and came up with this:



I used the Naturals White cardstock, cut out two boxes and stuck them together - back to back - with Sticky Strip (you definitely want to use this on the cartons as well). Then I added the decorations to the sides using the Eggcoutrements stamp set from the Occasions Mini. It is so cute - has a scalloped border stamp and the tags too. On two sides, I added the Easter basket tag and on the other two I added the Happy Easter tag with dimensionals. And I love this color combination of Regal Rose and Gable Green!!!! I cut the "handle" with the Scallop Oval Punch and then tied Pretty In Pink Satin Ribbon through the top. Then all you have to do is add your cartons. The neat thing about the cartons is that when you close the top, you just sticky strip one half and leave the other half to open just like a real milk carton does. It looks like this:



Very easy to pour candy out of !!! :)
The flowery pattern on the top portion of the carton is the Spring Floral Wheel from the Occasions Mini. It worked perfect for adding just a touch of texture. Then I punch a hole in the closed half of the top with my Crop-a-Dile and tied the small tags on with Whisper White 1/4" grosgrain ribbon. I just love the way it turned out!!! But, I know some of you are thinking - "That's great if all you have are girls. What do I do if I want to give one to a little boy?"
Well, do not fear. Since my only child is a boy, I thought of them as well......




I simply swapped the Regal Rose for Bashful Blue and left off all of the flowery trim. I used Brocade Blue 5/8" grosgrain ribbon on the handle and I used saran wrap to add a little of the coordinating colors to the strip of Naturals White on each side before adding the tags. Yes, I did say saran wrap. You would be surprised how many stamping tools you actually have in your kitchen :) But, that could be a post for another day ---- stay tuned.
Well, back to the design table - thanks for stopping by. Til tomorrow....
Happy Stamping,
Laurie
"Remember to get your mammorgram."





No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...