Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sale-a-Bration Fun

I just love it when Sale-a-Bration time is here. This year it even lasts longer!! From now through the end of March, you can earn FREE stamp sets from Stampin' Up. You can choose one each time you place $50 in orders, or if you host a workshop and have sales totaling $300, and if you sign up to be demonstrator during Sale-a-Bration you can choose ANY stamp set from the current catalogs for free - that's a $47.95 value! Plus you can even get started for 15% less. This is the best time of the year to start your own business. Visit my website at http://www.lauriesrubberroom.stampinup.net/ for all of the details.

Well, enough of the sales pitch - let's get down to the real business which is stamping! I am diligently trying to get my designs finished for my class this week and here is my latest creation:


To make this card, you will need:

Stamp Set: Whimsical Words (a Sale-a-Bration set you can get FREE)

Card Stock: Sage Shadow, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Noveau Chic Designer Series Paper (I love this!), So Saffron Designer Series Paper

Ink: Basic Black

Accessories: Big Shot (my favorite toy), Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Wonderful Wings Embosslit, Mini Glue Dots, Scallop Border Punch

To make the medallion for this card, cut a 2 3/4 inch square of Very Vanilla. Center each side on the Scallop Border Punch and punch just once per side. Then you can "thread" the DSP through the sides. I wish this were totally my creation - but I cannot take the credit. I got the idea on Splitcoast Stampers. It is difficult to see the detail, but the black is embossed with polka dots and the butterflies have embossed details as well - so much cooler in person!! Someday when I can afford a Nikon camera, I will be able to post awesome pictures :)

Well, time to get back to the design table - so come back again and until then...

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...