Monday, January 25, 2010

Get Well Wishes

Well, I'm back :) It was a busy weekend and I just didn't have time to post. I'll have to make sure that doesn't happen again.

Today I am posting a card that my card class did a couple of months ago. When you don't feel well, it's always nice to know someone is thinking of you so I designed this:



I love making lattice cards. I learned to do this a couple of years ago and it is so easy yet elegant. You just make some slits along the folded edge of the card and fold the points up. Too cute!!! The supplies I used for this are:

Stamp Set: Fun & Fast Notes

Cardstock: Barely Banana, Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery, and Whisper White

Ink: Basic Gray

Accessories: So Saffron 1/2" striped grosgrain, Watercolor Pencils, Signo Gel Pen, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Set

I like to add accents like the faux stitching to my cards because I think it adds a little character. It takes them away from the "ordinary" status just a touch and yet keeps it simple. This technique is one of the easiest to do and now that Stampin' Up sells the tool as a single item (used to be part of the toolkit) it is affordable as well. I'll be doing some more cards with this technique in the near future so be sure to come back and visit often.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...