Sunday, January 17, 2010

My First Entry - Woohoo!!

Hi everyone and welcome to "Laurie's Rubber Room". Most people who know me would no doubt agree that I need one but honestly, only when I need to do some rubber stamping to stop the world from making me crazy :)

Blogging is quite new to me so I hope you will be patient and come back often as I will be adding alot of stuff (once I figure out how to) that is part of my Stampin' Up business. I have been a demonstrator for about three years and I absolutely LOVE it !!! The company is wonderful and I have made many new friends through classes and events.

Speaking of classes, I have one that meets monthly at my home here in rural Central Michigan. I so enjoy my group of friends who come and stamp with me each month. We have a terrific evening of creativity and laughter.

This is one of the cards we recently made:





I used the following Stampin' Up products:

Stamp Set: Heard from the Heart, For All You Do

Cardstock: Bordering Blue, Kraft, Very Vanilla, Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper

Ink: Bordering Blue and Bordering Blue Marker

Accessories: Scallop Square Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals


You would not believe what I had to go through to get this photo posted. Since I live in RURAL America, I have a dial-up network on my home computer. Thankfully, I recently purchased a laptop computer with wireless capability. After waiting patiently (at least part of the time) for over an hour at home waiting for the photo to upload, I gave up and drove 20 miles to town so I could hack into a wireless connection to do this. AMAZING difference in the amount of time to upload. I think it was actually finished in less than 1 minute!

But, it was worth it to be able to finally start posting on my blog. I anticipate this being alot of fun! So, I guess I should scoot back home and start making samples for my card class this Thursday. If you are in the Central Michigan area and are interested in attending, please contact me by noon on Thursday. Or, if you are from out of the area and would like to receive the stamped cards ready for you to put together, I would be happy to do that also.

The cost to attend is $10 or you can stamp for FREE with a minimum $15 order. If you just want the pre-stamped cards mailed to you, the cost is $15 which includes priority mailing. Each month we make 8 cards/projects. I will post some samples from this month's class over the next couple of days and remember this month a $50 order will also earn a FREE item from the Sale-a-Bration mini catalog.

Since I have not figured out how to add all of my buttons yet, you can visit my business website at http://www.crazy4stamps.stampinup.net/

Hope to see you again - check back often.

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...