Thursday, January 21, 2010

Very Thankful

Well, I finally have all of my cards designed for class tonight and here is another one we will be making. I love the peacock in this set and have seen it used so many cool ways. It is very reasonably priced at only $14.95 but you can earn it FREE during Sale-a-Bration. The best part is that Very Thankful is the Ronald McDonald set this year. That means that Stampin' Up donates $2 to the Ronald McDonald House charity for every one of this set that sells - even if you earn it free. So, you can make awesome cards and be helping someone in need at the same time - can life be better than that?





The Stampin' Up supplies I used for this card are:

Stamp Set: Very Thankful

Card stock: So Saffron, Taken With Teal, Rose Red, Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper, and the Sending Love Hugs Note (DSP and Love Notes are in the Occasions Mini)

Ink: Taken With Teal and the Taken With Teal marker

Accessories: Pretty In Pink 5/8 inch Satin Ribbon, Small Heart Punch (both from the Occasions Mini)

I know right now you are thinking - where on earth did she use the Small Heart Punch? Well, you can't tell, but I used it to accent the corners of the Taken With Teal card stock. I inserted the paper part way into the punch to give it a scalloped effect. Then I layered the designer series paper over top. It doesn't work as well using a circle punch because it doesn't scallop each side of the corner as well. Below the peacock on the Hugs Note, I used the Taken With Teal marker to color just the flowery part of the peacock stamp, huffed it and stamped it twice. At first, I just had this huge white space down there and it just looked as though it lacked character. That's the beauty of handmade - you can add whatever you want to make it your own!! Yes, I love my job :)

If you look close, you can see the small heart opening in the center of the back of the punch. I lined up the card stock corner to the point of the open heart. It adds a different touch and a bit of uniqueness (is that a word?) to the layers. And don't you love the new punch design? They are so much easier to store!! They lock closed and you can stand them on end - AWESOME!!!!

Well, I need to get my mom's cards off to her - she does the class long distance from San Diego - and she is eagerly anticipating their arrival :) I stamp them and furnish the supplies and she puts them together at home. If you would like to "attend" long distance as well, just e-mail me at gibby@cmsinter.net and sign up for class.

Until tomorrow - Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...