Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sweethearts & Chocolate - can it get any better?

How do I love chocolate? - Let me count the ways :)

I think it is sooo fun to add what you love to a homemade card. These heart-shaped sweet treat cups make it easy to do just that. The stamp set, called Sweetheart, coordinates perfectly to add a special treat for a special person. We will be making this card at my card class tomorrow night:



The Stampin' Up supplies I used are:
Stamp set: Sweetheart, I {Heart} Hearts, and Holiday Best (Hostess Set)

Ink: Real Red

Cardstock: Real Red, Pretty In Pink, Very Vanilla, and Sending Love Specialty Paper (from the Occasions Mini Catalog)

Accessories: Big Shot (still my favorite toy), Movers & Shapers with the Punch Windows die set, SU Exclusive Two Tags Die, Full Heart Punch, Scallop Border Punch, Crop-a-Dile, Real Red 1/4 inch Grosgrain Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots, Heart Treat Cups (available for a limited time - contact me now for details), and of course M & M's Cupid Mix (yum-o)

While browsing the Stampin' Up forums awhile back, I came across a link to alter these sweet treat cups a bit so you don't have to totally destroy the card to remove the candy. I am so sorry to say that I do not remember that link but, fortunately, I do remember how to alter the card. The trick is to punch the Pretty in Pink cardstock with the Full Heart Punch and then do the same with an identical piece of Very Vanilla cardstock. Insert the heart cup into the hole on the Pretty in Pink cs and then peel the backing strip from the treat cup edge and cover with the Very Vanilla. Punch the card with the Large Heart Punch Window die using the Movers & Shapers in your Big Shot machine. Mount the treat cup over the opening on your card base using a Mini Glue Dot in each corner. Cut two of the small tags on the Two Tag die - one Very Vanilla and the other from the Sending Love Specialty paper. Adhere the two tags together to use between the treat cup and the opening in the card. The inside of the card will look like this:



To dispense the candy, simply pull the tag to the right but make sure you hold your other hand behind the treat cup :)




I know it sounds a bit complicated, but trust me - once you have made one, it is a breeze. And it so nice to be able to save the card after your have enjoyed the treat! You can also purchase round treat cups as well and have a choice of another coordinating stamp set. All of the details are in the Occasions Mini Catalog on my Stampin' Up Website. Click here to visit me. You can see all of Stampin' Up's products and special offers on my page.


Well, I am still in design mode so I will post again tomorrow.


Thanks for stopping by and as always - Happy Stamping,


Laurie


Remember to get your mammogram!

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous idea for using the tag to make the candy easy to get to! I will love sharing this idea with my friends,
    Marti

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...