Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Extreme Birthday

Birthday cards for kids are always so fun to make - at least if the kids are young. You can always put birthday cakes, cupcakes, and cute little animals and stuff like that on them. But, what do you add when those kids grow up? Well, Stampin' Up has a wonderful variety of "extreme" stamps that you can purchase separately. So, if your kids are into snowboarding, surfing, skateboarding, or in my nephew's case, playing the guitar - look no further.......





My nephew, Dominic, is turning 15 this month and he got a guitar for Christmas. He loves playing it and my son, Danny, who also has a guitar helps him out whenever they get together. I wanted to make Dominic a card that was a little more grown up and yet still let him know that he is special. To make this card I used:



Stamp Set: Extreme Guitar, Just Jawing


Cardstock: Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, Gable Green, Naturals White


Ink: Jet Black Stazon


Accessories: Markers (Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, Gable Green), Color Spritzer Tool, 1/2" Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals


I love using the Color Spritzer Tool to make backgrounds. You simply put the wide tip end of your marker through the tube, tighten down the screw, and squeeze the ball in quick spurts. It splashes the color onto the paper to create backgrounds that coordinate will the rest of the card.


You can purchase your own Color Spritzer Tool in my Online Store. It is so much fun to play with!!! But, just make sure you have your working area well covered so you don't splatter your whole world :)

Well, I must take the brownies out of the oven. I am meeting Danny for lunch today and he said it would be nice if some brownies could catch a ride with me - nice to know I am still needed for something :) 'Til tomorrow....

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...