Thursday, February 11, 2010

Not Your Everyday Milk Carton

So, everyone has been making these adorable little birdhouses out of the new Mini Milk Carton die from the Occasions Mini catalog. Well, I decided I would try my hand at it and this is what I came up with:


I tried to do something a bit different, so after I cut them out with my Big Shot (I know you want one!), I ran it through my crimper before putting it all together. I really like the way it turned out. I also did my roofs a little different than most people and put the bird on the side with the peak. It gave the opportunity to add some fancy scallops with the Scallop Border Punch. I ran the chocolate chip roof throught the crimper, too. The bird and branch are cut with the new XL 2-step Bird Punch in the Occasions Mini - but, it is back order right now...probably because everyone is making birdhouses. As I was putting these together, I started wondering how one would look using the wood sheets for the Big Shot ---- so wahlah:

Don't you just love it?!!! I do! It came out so cool. This time I put the bird on a different side so I could showcase the broad part of the roof - and isn't that little red-winged blackbird just the cutest?? :) One of my favorite kinds of birds! I used the Pinking Hearts Border Punch from the Occasions Mini to put the edge on the basic gray roof and then added a strip of certainly celery patterned strip from the Egg-cellent Egg Kit in the mini. Too cute!! You can cut one of those strips in half and use for both sides of the roof or just put it one side for two roofs. And you get like 20 of these altogether in one package!!! How sweet is that!

So, all of the supplies I used on these are:

Cardstock: Naturals White, Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, Garden Green, Bashful Blue DSP, Chocolate Chip, Basic Gray, Basic Black, Real Red - (You need a piece 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 for the birdhouse, 2 x 4 for the roof and the rest can come from your scrap bucket)

Accessories: Crimper, Egg-cellent Egg Kit, mini glue dots, sticky strip, Pinking Hearts Border Punch, XL 2-step Bird Punch, Scallop Border Punch, 1 1/4 inch Circle Punch, Big Shot with Mini Milk Carton die

These are so fun to make and would be adorable strung together and hung as a banner (oooh - I must try that!!). Wow, don't know where that idea came from but keep watch for the outcome :)

Well, I haven't been plowed out yet so it is back to stamping - Thanks for visiting today.

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammorgram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...