Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Chocolate Bunny

I cannot begin to tell how ready I am for Spring to get here! I am tired of snow and cold and am eagerly awaiting new life on the trees and the color of green!
And, of course, with Spring comes Easter. Who doesn't love a holiday devoted to candy :) One of my all-time favorite things to get on Easter morning when I was a kid was the coveted "Chocolate Bunny." Stampin' Up has the most fun stamp for under $10 to fulfill my wish without the calories :) You can earn the Chocolate Bunny for FREE during Sale-a-Bration, too.
I decided to put him to good use on a fun Easter card and this is what I came up with:


The supplies I used are:
Stamp Set: Chocolate Bunny, Well Scripted (Occasions Mini), Inspired by Nature
Cardstock: Naturals White, Glorious Green, Chocolate Chip, Pawsitively Prints DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Glorious Green
Accessories: Whisper White 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Big Shot with Scallop Oval Frame die, Small Oval Punch, Wide Oval Punch, Designer Label Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Chocolate Chip 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon
I love the way it turned out! I punched out the eggs and just stuck them down under the edge of the frame and DSP with glue dots and attached the bunny with dimensionals. In person, he looks good enough to eat. Here is a close-up:

I apologize for the blurred appearance - it is difficult to get close up sometimes with my camera. But, I wanted you to be able to see the detail of the stamp. I simply stamped him in Chocolate Chip ink onto Chocolate Chip paper and then cut him out. The tone-on-tone makes him look just the ones I used to get in my Easter basket!!! He is just tooo cute!

I hope you all enjoyed the card and keep checking back for more creations. Til then.....

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...