Thursday, March 25, 2010

Easel Card

For my class in March I decided to try one of the very cool Easel Cards that I have seen so often. I had never made one before, so I found a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers and started playing with different color combinations and stamp sets. Since I am soooo ready for Spring to get here, I chose the Flight of the Butterfly along with Three Little Words and one of my favorite color combinations of Elegant Eggplant and Old Olive. This is how it turned out:


Easel cards as so cool because they become their own display stand. You add a piece to the inside of the card attached with dimensionals so it blocks the front from closing. When the card is closed it looks like this:

Pretty normal, right? The trick is in scoring. You make a totally separate card front and add it to one half of the base card stock which has been scored to fold in half and then one part is scored to fold in half again. You attach the front to the smaller scored portion. Wow, I just even confused myself on that one :) A side view may help you out:

Hope that helps make a bit more sense of everything for you. Since I used a dark cardstock for my base, I added some white to the inside of the card before I added the raised sentiment. When fully opened the card looks like this:


My full list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Flight of the Butterly, Three Little Words

Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, Whisper White, Old Olive DSP

Ink: Elegant Eggplant

Accessories: Eyelet Border Punch, Elegant Eggplant 1/4-inch Grograin Ribbon, Butterfly Punch, Bone Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals

It is always nice when simple becomes elegant. This card is both simple in stamping and assembling. Check out the tutorial on Splitcoast - it really is fun and easy! 'Til next time.....

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...