Monday, March 22, 2010

Bundle of Joy

I had so much fun making Gretchen Barron's bumblebee that I just had to explore more possibilities. I kept looking at that cute little face and thought to myself - that would make an adorable baby. So, I started experimenting with color combinations and "packaging ideas" and this is what I came up with:






Isn't it just tooo cute!!!!? It kind of reminds of the Cupie Dolls that were around when I was a very small child (I know - I just dated myself). I made the curl on top of the head with the Swirly Decorative Strip. I used a 5 1/2-inch square piece of DSP for the diaper fold pouch that the baby is nestled in. This was so much fun to make and so easy since you just punch the pieces and then stick them all together.


The supplies I used are:

Stamp Set: Little Angel (Occasions Mini)


Cardstock: Naturals White, So Saffron, Old Olive, Old Olive DSP, Pawsitively Prints DSP, Blush Blossom, Pretty In Pink, Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip

Ink: Chocolate Chip


Accessories: 1/2-inch Circle Punch, 1-inch Circle Punch, 1 1/4-inch Circle Punch, 1 3/4-inch Circle Punch, Small Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Wide Oval Punch, XL 2-Step Bird Punch, Ornament Punch, Big Shot with Swirly Decorative Strip Die, Old Olive 1/2-inch Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals


Definitely what you would call a "punch card" :) But it really is fun to make! To make the diaper fold pouch, simple take any square of cardstock (patterned paper works best because it is a little lighter weight) and fold in half diagonally. Place it with the fold closest to you and take one of the side points and fold it over to the center of the opposite side. Then fold the remaining point to it's opposite side. Then fold the top layer of the top point down over the front. If I have left you totally confused, visit Splitcoast Stampers and go to the resources link. Type diaper fold pouch in the search box and you will get a step-by-step tutorial. That's where I learned.


Well, I have to get ready for the Women's Expo in Edmore this coming Saturday so my posting may be sporatic this week. But, I hope you come back to visit. 'Til next time.....


Happy Stamping,


Laurie


Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...