Sunday, March 28, 2010

Build-a-Bear Workshop

Those of you who have known me for awhile are probably asking yourself - "what in the world is she posting about them for???" Yes, it's true. For the past few years I have been part of another home party business that is in direct competition with Build-a-Bear Workshop and they were a thorn in my side at many craft shows. But, I have come to grips with reality and decided - "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em".


Stampin' Up has an adorable line of Build-a-Bear exclusive stamp sets and dies for the Big Shot. I had a booth at a local Women's Expo yesterday and had seen an idea for coloring cards on a blog when this line first came out (sorry, I can't remember whose it was). Since Easter is fast approaching, I thought they would be a cute addition to Easter baskets. So, I set to work and this is the final product:
I made four different pictures for girls and boys and included a box of crayons from a local dollar store. Don't you just love those places when you need something that doesn't cost a fortune? I always seem to find just what I am looking for there. I packaged everything into one of our 4x6 cello bags and cut a Top Note with my Big Shot (have I mentioned lately this is my favorite toy?), punched a couple of holes with the Crop-a-Dile and ties some 1/4-inch grosgrain ribbon through them to close the bag. I added a couple of small tags and ....Voila!!!! These are the individual cards included in the packs:
All of the supplies I used are:
Stamp Sets: Beary Best Friends, Beary Best Times, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Seal of Pawthenticity
Cardstock: Brilliant Blue, Glorious Green, Green Galore, Lavender Lace, Melon Mambo, Real Red, YoYo Yellow, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Gray, Brilliant Blue, Melon Mambo
Accessories: Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, 1-inch Circle Punch, 1 1/4-inch Circle Punch, Big Shot with Top Note die, Pretty In Pink and Bashful Blue 1/4-inch Grosgrain Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots, Crop-a-Dile, 4x6-inch Medium Flat Cello Bags
Since my only son is way too old for something like this and I have no grandchildren yet (trust me, that's not such a bad thing) I will have to look for someone to give the ones I have left to :) They are just too cute and I am pretty sure I will find some children who would love them. And, it is so much cheaper than the real thing!!! If you would like some, just contact me at gibby@cmsinter.net but, hurry they will go fast!! 'Til next time.......
Happy Stamping,
Laurie
Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...