Thursday, March 25, 2010

Clear Mount Blocks

I must admit that I absolutely LOVE the new clear mount blocks and stamps! I think our blocks are far superior to any others that I have seen. I know some people like the ones that have the grid on them, but since we have some pretty great grid paper, I just see the need for markings on my blocks. And, besides that, if they did have a grid you could not use them for this very cool gift idea......







I saw these used this way on someone else's blog (sorry, I don't remember whose - I visit a ton of them everyday) and I had to try it. I used the "E" block for this. I attached Bashful Blue Satin Ribbon around the edge with Mini Glue Dots. Then I layered Chocolate Chip 1/4-inch Grosgrain Ribbon in the center of the BB Ribbon. At the top, I used a piece of each and formed a bow-like double loop and then wrapped a short piece of each around the center to hold the loops in place. I attached it to the center of the "frame" with a couple of Mini Glue Dots. Then I cut my photo (isn't my great-nephew just the cutest!!!!!) to fit the block and attached it on the back side with a Mini Glue Dot in each corner. You can't even see the dots :) What a quick and easy gift!!! Just shows that Stampin' Up is so much more than just making cards and scrapbooking. 'Til next time....

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...