Friday, January 21, 2011

Valentine Hooters

I knew that my January card class was really our only chance for Valentine's Day cards because next month is just too close to the holiday. So, we did two Valentine's cards. One I have already shown and the other is one that I saw on Tamie Ackerson's blog. She had CASE'd it from someone else. I do not know who originally created these adorable "little hooters", so please let me know if it was you so I can give you the credit.

I always try to incorporate one punch card in my class and when I saw this card, I knew I need not look any further:




The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Filled With Love

Cardstock:
Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Shimmery White

Ink:
Cherry Cobbler

Accessories:
Big Shot with Finial Press Textured Impressions Folder, 2-Step Bird Punch, Owl Punch, Small Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, 2 1/2-inch Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Tombo Multi-purpose Glue

Aren't they the just the cutest couple??? LOL! The first time I saw them, I fell in love!!! They cast an adorable silhouette against the shimmery moon. And it is such an easy way to add the owls to your card. You don't have to glue on all the little pieces for the eyes and the little coat and all that stuff! Sometimes I just suffer too badly from "fat finger syndrome" and need an easier way to get what I want - and I wanted something with these little "hooters." This card was just the ticket :) Tamie had done it for an anniversary. I am not sure what it was originally created for but I thought they made the perfect Valentine's couple.

I used glue dots to attach the skinny branches and the owls. I added the layered scalloped oval with a dimensional and found it much easier to attach the tiny heart using the Tombo Multi-purpose Glue (it was actually a little smaller than my glue dots). The picture just doesn't do the richness of the Cherry Cobbler justice. I love the deep velvetty shade of red that it adds - fast becoming my favorite red (as if you didn't already know that).
Thanks so much for coming by today and allowing me to share my "hooters" with you - keep it clean :) LOL!! 'Til next time.......................

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

7 comments:

  1. So cute!!! I love it. Actually, I think I will have to CASE it.
    Sue aka The Soggy Stamper
    www.soggystamper.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! this will be on my punch inspiration blog post tomorrow. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can never go wrong on those owls!! Just the cutest -- makes you fall in love just looking at the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just trying to decide if I would go clean up my house or do a little stamping first and this card just made my decision easy! :-) Thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cute, and I too love that it would be so easy! Do you happen to have the web site for Tamie's blog? Would like to see that one too.
    Thanks,
    Bonnie S.
    stampin-ak at gci dot net

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...