Monday, February 14, 2011

Dream Gardens

Oh my goodness!!! I am sure all of you must have thought I had fallen off the face of the earth! It has been 3 WEEKS since my last post!!! My, how we can lose track of time when we have a gazillion things going all at once :) Such has been my life for the past couple of months. But things have slowed down a bit so I can get back to what I love - sharing with all of you!!!

I just recently purchased the Dream Gardens stamp set because I love the image and the ornate oriental designs. But, I wasn't totally sure how I wanted to use it. And then I opened the Ice Cream Parlor Designer Series Paper & Quick Accents Pack from the Sale-a-Bration brochure. I was amazed!!! I chose the Melon Mambo print and came up with this for my February card class:




The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Dream Gardens, Wonderful Favorites

Cardstock: Melon Mambo (4 1/4" x 11"), Pretty In Pink (4" x 5 1/4", 2 1/2" x 3", 1 1/8" x 3 1/8"), Basic Black (3 3/4" x 5", 1 1/4" x 3 1/4", 2 5/8" x 3 1/8", and some scraps for the leaves), Whisper White (2 1/4" x 2 3/4", 1"x 3")

Ink: Jet Black Stazon, Melon Mambo

Accessories: Ice Cream Parlor DSP (3 5/8" x 4 7/8"), 2-Step Bird Punch, Pretty In Pink 5/8" Satin Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

I added the layered images with Stampin' Dimensionals and attached the leaves punch with the 2-Step Bird Punch using Mini Glue Dots. I love the way this turned out and so did everyone at my class :) It makes me so happy when they are pleased with their creations. That is what this business is all about - loving what you do and sharing what you love!! And what a great way to spend an afternoon with friends - just doesn't get any better :)

I am sure I will use this set more often now - such a beautiful image that can be added to a card for any occasion. And I have seen some awesome layouts for this. It will be fun to play and see what I can do with it.

Well, it feels so good to be back and thank you all for remaining loyal readers and followers!! I have missed you. Looking forward to more fun times. Thanks for coming by today and sharing my "Dream Garden." 'Til next time..................

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

2 comments:

  1. Saw your post on LNS. Your card is absolutely lovely! I love the colors you chose to use. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie so glad to see you back stamping and posting again!!!!Having fun IS what it is all about!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...